Here's a list of some of our premium ingredients. (Even though we're Naked, we can't give away ALL our secrets!) ALL ingredients we use are USDA Certified Organic*, Vegan, Cruelty-Free, + Non-GMO.
* Unrefined Shea Butter * Excellent for use in both harsh winter months and for after-sun care in the summer, Shea butter provides the perfect balance of moisture, nutrients, and protection for your skin. Naked Chick's *new* unrefined shea butter has undergone a special process that eliminates most of the naturally occurring latex, which means even most Type B latex allergy sufferers can use our products! This butter has not undergone any chemical process to extract the butter from the host nut, preserving its vitamins, minerals, and emollient properties. Shea butter has been used to effectively treat scars, eczema, stretch marks, and reduce irritation.
* Babassu Oil * Help prevent dryness, wrinkles, and premature aging just by using our body butter? ABSOLUTEY! Babassu oil is found in many of our products. "What the cluck is Babassu oil?" Babassu oil is a more expensive cousin of coconut oil. Babassu oil is noncomedogenic (doesn't clog pores), absorbs readily into your skin, leaving you moisturized not greasy, and also has a cooling effect which helps calm inflammation from dry, troubled skin (plus it feels clucking awesome on a hot day!). Babassu oil comes from the fruits of the Babassu palm tree, which are native to Brazil. This oil has anti-microbial and anti-viral properties, is rich in Vitamin E and Phytosterols (which act as the oil’s anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant agents), and contains 50% lauric acid (a saturated fatty acid), just like coconut oil. Lauric acid helps prevent dryness, wrinkles, and premature aging of the skin. Babassu oil has the same benefits to the skin as coconut oil, only without the fruity smell. Also, due to its anti-microbial and anti-viral properties, Babassu oil has been used to successfully treat acne and help speed healing of minor skin irritations.
*Coconut Oil* Like Babassu oil, Coconut oil does a peck of a great job restoring dry and flaky skin while strengthening skin tissue. Because coconut oil is loaded with Vitamin E (which has been proven to protect skin cells from damage over time), it helps delay wrinkles, soothes skin conditions like eczema and psoriasis, and helps repair sunburned skin. Coconut oil contains three fatty acids (capric, lauric, and caprylic). These acids not only help treat and kill skin fungal infections, with their antiviral/antifungal properties, but they also help heal bug bites!
* Jojoba Oil * Jojoba oil increases your skin's production of collagen, helps fight wrinkles, can reduce stretch marks, and helps with dreaded cellulite. Due to its anti-inflammatory properties, jojoba oil has been used to treat eczema and help with mild psoriasis. Jojoba oil is an ideal moisturizer because it's quickly absorbed into the skin and doesn't leave any oily residue. Jojoba oil also helps heal dry, cracked, irritated skin while hydrating dry knees, elbows, heels, and toes.
* Sweet Almond Oil * Chock full of Vitamins A, B, and E, sweet almond oil helps maintain your skin's moisture level while protecting it from sun damage and signs of aging. Sweet almond oil absorbs into the skin quickly and doesn't clog pores, making it a fantastic oil for your whole body. This oil also helps reduce inflammation and redness often associated with dry, troubled, skin. When used consistently this oil helps calm the skin, revealing healthier, more even skin tone, and also improves your complexion.
* Safflower Oil * Safflower oil forms a protective barrier, to prevent moisture from leaving your skin, while keeping it clean. It's high in linoleic acid (an essential fatty acid rich in Vitamins A, D, K and E) and is known for its powerful dirt-and oil-removing abilities. Safflower oil helps maintain skin elasticity by enabling the skin to retain its moisture while softening dry skin. It also reduces the appearance of wrinkles by smoothing and hydrating the skin.
*Cucumber Seed Oil* This oil hydrates, revitalizes, and rejuvenates your skin while its cooling effect calms and soothes sunburn. High in Linoleic Acid and phytosterols, this oil helps skin strengthen its lipid barrier, restores moisture balance, smoothes the skin, and improves the skin's elasticity. (Phytosterols are also known for their ability to nourish and stimulate the skin cells to encourage regeneration of healthy skin cells.)
*Argan Oil* Helps to improve damaged skin and protects from the signs of aging. This highly sought after oil is said to correct the effects of dehydration and loss of elasticity. Argan oil contains a high amount of tocopherols (Vitamin E), which are potent antioxidants, to help the skin combat free radicals. Free radicals ultimately result in the destruction of the skin’s cells; so by using Argan oil, skin becomes noticeably softer and smoother, diminishing fine lines and reducing the appearance of scars.
*Avocado Oil* This incredible oil is filled with Vitamins A, B1, B2, D, and E. (Pantothenic acid, sterols, amino acids, and other fatty acids are also present in avocado.) It is known to be deeply penetrating and therefore has outstanding regenerative properties. As this oil penetrates the skin more deeply than other oils, it is easier to transport nutrients through the outer epidermis of the skin and finally into the dermis. Bam!
Know what else? Avocado oil also can help reduce the appearance of wrinkles! This is because it contains certain anti-oxidant agents that help boost the collagen in the top layer of the skin. Collagen increases skin strength and elasticity. Avocado oil is also high in sterolins, which are reputed to help heal sun damage and scars. So, it is ideal for dry, damaged and dehydrated skin and acts well for the rejuvenation of the skin.
It's also super rich in lecithin, a fatty acid that helps keep the skin soft and moisturized. Avocado oil contains high levels of vitamins, especially Vitamin E and Vitamin A. While Vitamin E is known to protect skin cells from free radicals, Vitamin A is useful in neutralizing the harmful elements in our skin.
*Olive Oil* Rich in Vitamin E, olive oil is a fantastic moisturizer for dry skin, as well as a perfect carrier oil for foot scrubs. Olive oil is a little more viscous than our other oils which make it a superior hydrating lubricant for treating dry, cracked feet. Not to mention, olive oil is also good for the nails, making them stronger and healthier. So, dip into some Naked foot scrub and scrub your way to soft feet and strong, summer ready nails!
* Arrowroot Powder * Arrowroot powder helps active ingredients penetrate the upper levels of your skin. Thanks to its fabulous moisture absorbing properties, this organic, gluten-free thickening agent delivers hydration where you need it most!
* Marshmallow Root * Marshmallow root soothes irritated skin and also speeds up wound healing. Due to its superior anti-inflammation properties, marshmallow root is excellent for treating minor skin infections and scrapes.
* Comfrey Root * Comfrey root is known for its healing properties as a healthy cell growth simulator, antibacterial, and antimicrobial. It's high in allantoin, a compound that is used to promote skin regeneration.
* Calendula * Calendula helps moisturize dry skin while its antiseptic, antibacterial, and antiviral properties promote faster healing of troubled skin. Calendula comes from the pot marigold plant and contains carotenoids which help nourish the skin while soothing minor skin irritations/rashes and healing minor burns and sunburn.
* Chickweed * Chickweed soothes dry, itchy, sore skin by cooling and relieving inflamed areas. (*Do not ever ingest chickweed.)
* Chamomile * Known to be calming and relaxing, chamomile also has antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties. Excellent for soothing skin irritations, rashes, it also helps ease minor burns and sunburn. Chamomile may also help speed healing and prevent bacterial infections.
* Micro-milled Sugars * Sugar is a natural humectant, meaning it draws moisture from the environment to help hydrate your skin. It's also a natural source of glycolic acid, an alpha hydroxy acid (AHA) that penetrates the skin, encourages cell turnover, and reveals smoother, younger-looking skin.
* Premium Dead Sea Salt * Dead Sea salt offers relaxing and therapeutic effects like stimulating circulation, easing muscle cramps, helping relieve stiffness in joints, aiding with arthritis or back pain, and soothing achy, overworked legs and feet. This premium sea salt has larger grains than our turbinado and white sugars and is used to make an excellent foot scrub and detoxifying bath soak.
* Pumice Powder * Straight from a volcano, this fine exfoliating powder gently removes dead and rough skin, leaving it fresh and revitalized. You can't get more natural than this!
*Organic and Fair Trade Coffee* Coffee grounds are an excellent skin exfoliant! BONUS: the caffeine in coffee scrubs helps diminish the appearance of cellulite AND varicose veins! (Caffeine works to constrict blood vessels so it can temporarily reduce varicose veins.) Plus, why should your mouth have all the wake-up fun?! The peeper-popping aroma of steaming hot coffee, while taking your morning shower, is an absolute must for any early bird who wants to catch the worm!
* Carnauba Wax * Carnauba wax is a hypoallergenic, exceptionally emollient, and organic (of course!) wax that comes from the leaves of palm trees. No worries about palm tree deforestation with this wax, because carnauba wax comes from palm leaves. The leaves are removed individually by workers who are only allowed to remove a maximum of 20 leaves, from each tree, to ensure that the tree is not endangered. The leaves are then cut, sun-dried, and thrashed to remove the wax, leaving the palm tree healthy and ready to grow more carnauba wax producing leaves!
Vitamin E Oil This vitamin, in oil form, helps reduce the appearance of stretch marks, can help prevent the appearance of age spots, helps maintain the skin’s oil balance, and reduces water loss from your skin's surface while strengthening its barrier function. It is also a great natural antioxidant that helps extend your product's shelf life, without the use of nasty chemicals. Our Vitamin E oil isn't USDA certified organic because the USDA doesn't certify ANY Vitamin E oil as organic. (See below.)
*Please note: some USDA Certified Organic ingredients do not exist. Like Vitamin E oil and sea salt. That's not to say our Vitamin E oil and sea salt aren't pure and premium-quality, because they are.
Our Vitamin E oil has NO artificial colors, flavors, preservatives, yeast, starch, or gluten.
And because there is currently no USDA organic certification for salt in the United States,we choose to use salts that comply with the organic standards in other countries. These salts are deemed “organic compliant.” In other words, our salts are designed to be used as an ingredient in organic products without affecting our end product’s organic status, as they contain no anti-caking agents or other additives. This is the highest and most natural guarantee possible for salts in the United States.